To meet our users’ insurance and financial needs, we gather and maintain many types of information.
To preserve your privacy we pledge to:
• Collect only the information we need to help us deliver superior products and services;
• Protect against unauthorized access to your information;
• Refuse to disclose your health information to third parties for marketing purposes;
• Refuse to sell your information to outside mailing list companies or telemarketers;
• Require companies that help us service your policy or account to protect your information in accordance with strict privacy standards;
• Give you a choice about sharing your information for marketing purposes;
We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when required by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud, or to comply with an inquiry by a governmental agency.
Safeguarding Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet state and federal regulations. We regularly update and improve our security standards, procedures, and technology to protect against unauthorized access to your confidential information. Access to information gathered on our Web sites is limited to people who need the information to perform their job responsibilities.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personally identifiable information collected online from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. All information you supply on the site is encrypted during transmission and then stored on a secure server. However, you should be aware that our return e-mail messages to you cannot be encrypted and thus cannot be considered fully secure. Non-encrypted e-mail can be intercepted and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge or consent.
Only authorized personnel are allowed access to personally identifiable information collected online and these employees have been trained to safeguard the confidentiality of this information.